About The Oncologist CME Online
Introduction to The Oncologist CME Online Program
CME is only available to registered users. Registered users can:
- Read the course contents: abstracts, full text, and PDFs.
- Take the tests online.
- Receive instant feedback on selected answers.
- Access highlighted links that illustrate sections of the article containing the preferred answer.
- Submit completed courses for CME credit.
- Print CME certificates for successfully completed exams.
- Review credits earned through My CME interface.
The overall program education objectives are:
- Participants will read, understand and reflect upon scientific, clinical, economic and ethical aspects of contemporary oncology.
- Participants will consider how this newly learned information impacts their clinical practice. Specifically, the participants will explicitly assess how this new knowledge has changed their concepts of disease processes and has modified clinical practice.
- Each CME course generally consists of the following modules:
- Full Text Article
- CME Test
- Course Evaluation
- CME courses within The Oncologist CME can be accessed in the following ways:
- The online Table of Contents - Articles associated with a given CME course will be designated by a CME link adjacent to each article's title.
- The Oncologist Online CME Course Catalog
- The journal The Oncologist homepage
- Via email alerts.
- The following instructions apply:
- Select the CME Course through one of the interfaces described above.
- Read the disclosures.
- Read the full-text article(s) associated with the selected CME course in its entirety.
- After reading the article(s) in the course, you can access the CME test by using the "Continue" button on the article full-text page.
- Complete all questions on the test. Select SUBMIT to process your score. Note: The CME system will give an error if any questions are left unanswered, or if you did not achieve a high enough score to pass.
- The correct answers will then be indicated.
- Please select the "Continue" link to evaluate the associated CME course. Claim your credit at the bottom of this page.
- Select My CME to access your CME summary page that indicates credit(s) earned. There is also a link to Request a Transcript from AlphaMed Press.
Proof of Credit
Once you have completed a course and specified how much credit you are claiming, your My CME record will be updated to reflect the hours earned.
Once you have completed a specific CME test, your exam score will be displayed, along with the correct answers highlighted.
Learners must achieve a score of at least 70% correct to receive CME credit.
To view the Mission and Beliefs of The Oncologist journal, click here.
The CME Program is overseen by the Program Directors, who review medical content, oversee the resolution of conflicts of interest, and assure that activities are free of commercial bias.
Bruce A. Chabner, MD
Massachusetts General Hospital
Continuing Medical Education:
Jayne S. Gurtler, MD
East Jefferson Hospital
Editor-in-Chief of The Oncologist
Bruce A. Chabner, MD
Susan Bates, MD
A. Oliver Sartor, MD
Antonio Tito Fojo, MD, PhD
Find the complete list of The Oncologist Editorial Roster HERE.
The Oncologist CME Online is designed to meet the regulations governing the accessibility of federal electronic information products (Section 508). This design also conforms to the access guidelines developed by the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium, in that provisions are made to assure access for those individuals with vision impairments. To ensure this capability, The Oncologist CME Online does not incorporate frames, multimedia presentations, user applets, or plug-ins, bypassing many of the issues outlined in Section 508. The program primarily consists of text to ensure fast downloads for those individuals with slow Internet connections. Where graphic images apply, the HTML "Alt Text" tag is utilized as a text descriptor to facilitate those individuals who may be using screen readers or other assisting devices.
You must have a modern web browser application, and your computer must be connected to the internet. No other hardware requirements apply.